Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Six children shot in New york

Unpossible? What are the odds that the gun used was not legally available to the law abiding residents of Harlem?

The story

What caught my attention are the parents calling to "take back the streets" by passing out flyers calling to report people with illegal guns, by calling for parents go go through their childrens belongings in hopes of finding an illegal gun.

I can only encourage responsible parenting, but somehow I can't manage to get the idea out of my mind that if it has come to this, your failing in the past may be hard to espunge ... may force you to surrender you "child" to the justice system. Would you? I'm not sure if I could do that ...

Why is it that the focus is on guns? Why not on gangs? Too tricky? Sebestian seems to be doing rather fine, catching more flack from his supposed allies than from the criminals he's going after.

No comments: