Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Are yours secure?

Yesterday two toddlers died from a self-inflicted gunshot.
The first one was brought to my attention by Marilyn, the second one I found myself.

Safe storage people! If a gun is not under your control, it is to be kept safe and secure. I'll leave it up to you to determine what is safe and secure in your situation; the two people from the articles made a huge mistake that is likely to haunt them for the rest of their lives. If you've got little ones running around the house, don't take any chances.

It should also be noted that the police sergant from the second article was no more responsible than the civillian from the first. I don't care how much range time you have, how well trained you (think you) are, this can happen to you too! Take precautions; lock up the guns you don't need unlocked, teach your children not to touch them much like would teach them not to touch carrion or a hot stove.

Be safe, for their sake.

No comments: