Monday, April 28, 2008

Inmate sues prison ...

I swear, one of my next posts will be about guns or politics, but this is just a MUST-READ!

One Broderick Lloyd Laswell, who is imprisoned and awaiting trial for murder, is suing the jail where he's been imprisoned. He claims that the food they provide isn't sufficient to live, and he's being starved to death.
In his own words:
  • "On several occasions I have started to do some exercising and my vision went blurry and I felt like I was going to pass out,"
  • "About an hour after each meal my stomach starts to hurt and growl. I feel hungry again."
The jail serves cold meals only, which still contain 3000 calories, an ample energy supply. So here's a little juicy detail:
Broderick weighs 308 pounds! He's lost some weight for sure, he weighted in a 413 upon arrival.

Now, with his current weight of 308 lbs, he would have to be 7 foot nine inches to have a BMI of 25, the maximal BMI for those non-overweight.
I say he owes the state a thank-you for getting me halfway to not being an obnoxious blob- note, bu that's just me.

No comments: