Sunday, January 6, 2008

I saw a burning car wreck today

So I went to see "I am legend" today.
Before going into the cinema complex (the kind that occupies an entire city block) I noticed a series of emergency vehicles rushing through the street, a firetruck and I think at least one fire department ambulance.

People were yelling something from a higher balcony, pointing to the far side of the street, I saw smoke rising, but I couldn't see where it came from. I went up a flight and I saw it: a car wreck engulfed in flames ...

It's a strange sight, it's not a horrible sight in itself, but it gave me a sore feeling in my stomach for a moment. Paramedics were at the scene, so I didn't check if I could do anything to help, proably would have just gotten in the way.
the news is on in three minutes, I'll see if they mention anything.

No comments: